All projects require collaboration. It is the requisite for success. Yet every project requires a host of disparate Building Services Engineering consultants all with varying practical and commercial interests.
HOW TO BEST DEAL WITH THE BUILDING ENGINEERS.
As the owner, you just can't afford any of the petty, tribal, self-serving stances typically seen in the traditional Design/Bid/Build method. Yet it is easy to get overwhelmed by the various demands of all these building services engineering consultants in the hurly burly of your day-to-day business.
This is why at HAMLET our goal is to take the process of trying to get something built and simplify it, by combining every engineering consultant into one Design+Build contract.
Click on the link below to download our Design & Build Work Plan
HOW WE COVER EVERY ANGLE OF YOUR PROJECT.
1) Civil Engineer; Is essential for understanding the lay of the land, nature of soils, and testing the materials to be used.
2) Structural Engineer; Is there to design for the strength, stability and rigidity of the building. As is the case with virtually every consultant we work with, the structural engineer stays on from design through to construction in a supervisory role.
3) MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) Engineers; These folks are there to optimize the project's internal environment. They work with the architects to ensure that the design is technically assured, sustainable (we love Uganda very much you know) and energy efficient.
- Mechanical Engineer; Responsible for the building's Heating, Ventilating and air-conditioning systems, Fire detection and protection.
- Electrical Engineer; Designs for Communication lines, telephones and IT networks, power, lighting and security alarm systems, Lightning protection e.t.c
- Plumbing Engineer; Designs for the building's water, drainage and plumbing.
4) Specialized Consultants; Sometimes a project requires special personnel depending on it's size and complexity. These may include;
- construction materials and component specialists,
- renewable energy consultants (Solar, Bio e.t.c),
- artists and graphic designers
- technical experts in specialties like kitchens and audio-visual systems.